Halloween Jack o Lantern pail with spilling candy, above view on a rustic wood background

The bacteria in your mouth are probably more excited to eat Halloween candy than your kids are. When the bacteria eat the sugar and leftover food in the mouth, a weak acid is produced. That acid is what can contribute to cavities.  But don’t hang up your costume just yet. It’s OK to eat candy on Halloween as a splurge as long as you’re brushing twice a day and flossing once a day all year long.  Plus, some candies are less harmful than others.  To help you sort through the trick-or-treat bag loot, check out the American Dental Association Halloween survival guide.

Read More